Breathing is at the core of our being, and is so important that we cannot live without it. And it’s amazing how crucial it can be as a part of our meditation routine. But what do we know about this all-important activity?
To help you learn more about your breath, we gathered 6 Fun Facts for you to read. Some of them are quite surprising, and might make you reconsider how you view your breath.
Perhaps you also have some fun facts of your own? We’d love to hear from you.
Please share with everyone, by submitting a comment below.
6 Fun Facts About Your Breath
- If you have a large lung capacity, you can transport oxygen around your body faster
- The average person, when resting, breathes about 12 to 20 times a minute
- On average, we breathe in around 11,000 litres of air per day
- Of our body’s waste products, 70% are eliminated via our lungs
- Your breath has the potential to shift your nervous system
- Your lungs surface area can cover the size of a tennis court
Get started today, with the Free Meditation Challenge CD…
Liked This Post?
If you liked this post and want to know more about meditation, you can sign up to our newsletter below.